Road House (2024) | Film Review

When ex-UFC fighter Dalton (Jake Gyllenhaal) takes a job as a bouncer at a roadhouse, he soon finds that his past is quickly catching up to him.

I've never seen the original Road House, and when I put this one on I wasn't really planning to review it, but I found myself really getting into it.

I liked this a lot more than I thought I would.

Both the characters and the story were a lot more engaging and compelling than I thought they would be. The story sucked me in right from the beginning and I was interested the whole way through.

The cast is great, but Jake Gyllenhaal completely carries the film and plays the character of Dalton really well. Again, I can't compare his performance to the original, but I really like the character.

The fight scenes, which are pretty much what the film is about, are done really well. They're entertaining, but they also do a good job of moving the story forward.

I think the reason I liked the film so much was because I didn't take it seriously, and just looked at it like a fun movie. I'm not sure if that was the intention, but for me, it works so much better if you take everything that happens with a pinch of salt.

The cinematography was really interesting, and there were a lot of interesting filming styles and camera movements.

And while the story didn't always make complete sense, and some of the fights didn't feel completely necessary, I think the film had a good overall story and some sweet messages.

Overall, I had a lot of fun with this movie. It was exciting, engaging and compelling, and while it may not be as iconic as the original movie, it's still a really interesting watch!

7/10

Comments

Popular Posts

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Anyone But You | Film Review