Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List


I'd never heard of this film before last year, when I watched it for the first time, so this time around was my second watch.

Guy Richie's movies tend to be a bit hit-or-miss for me. This is one of the only ones where I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.

I didn't love the story, it didn't hold my interest the whole way through.

But one thing that I absolutely loved was the dialogue. It was smart, quippy and made the film a much more fun watch than the plot itself would suggest.

Another thing I absolutely loved was Brad Pitt's performance. This was probably one of my favourite roles of his. He did a great job with the character, and it was really different to everything else I've seen him in.

But that being said, all of the performances were great. For me, if I had to guess why this film is considered a classic, it would 100% be because of the script and performances, rather than the film as a whole. It was the script that kept me locked in and the performances that kept me entertained. 



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Suncoast | Film Review