Pulp Fiction | 100 Movies Bucket List

 

Another first-time Bucket List watch!

I had been meaning to see this film for such a long time, years, and I'd never gotten around to it, so I'm really glad I've finally seen it!

I really really liked the film. Honestly, I feel like I would have loved it if there wasn't so much of Bruce Willis's storyline. Because everything else I loved, but that dragged on a bit for me.

But even then, that storyline would be great in an average film - it just wasn't as strong as everything else that happened.

One of the main things that highlights a Tarantino film as being a Tarantino film is his signature writing style, and it's on full display here. I loved every piece of dialogue. You could watch this film with your eyes closed and understand these characters and who they are, because the writing explores them so fully.

It was really interesting watching this film after seeing Reservoir Dogs, not only because of the crossover of actors, but because of how similar they are in terms of the writing and characterisation despite being so different in terms of the actual events. 

Speaking of the actors, John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson were amazing in their roles. I loved every second they were on screen together and could have watched a whole other movie of just them as these characters. But Uma Thurman and Bruce Willis were also great (as was pretty much everyone in the film), it's an amazing cast.

And then there's the music, which is iconic even to a first-time viewer.

Of all the Bucket List movies that I've watched for the first time this year (so far), this is probably the one I'm most looking forward to re-watching!



Comments

Popular Posts

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion