Air | Film Review


This film wouldn't have been on my radar if it wasn't directed by Ben Affleck or starring Matt Damon, both of whom I'm a huge fan of. The premise wasn't that interesting to me, but after seeing the positive reviews, I definitely wanted to see it.

In 1984, Nike tries to pursue a partnership with basketball player Michael Jordan.

I actually really liked this film, which was surprising to say the least.

Despite generally not being interested in Nike, basketball or Michael Jordan, I quickly became invested in the story.

The main character, Sonny Vaccaro (Matt Damon) was a great character for the film to centre around. He was very likeable and really easy to root for.

The soundtrack of the film is great. Not only does it set the scene/time period well, but it also makes the story more entertaining.

What I liked most about the film was that it could have been about anything and would have been just as good. The story is compelling because it is a classic underdog story. Whether it was about Michael Jordan and shoes or something else, you just want to see these people win.

The acting was amazing. In addition to Damon the film also stars Viola Davis, Jason Bateman, Chris Messina, Chris Tucker, Marlon Wayans and Ben Affleck and each actor is incredible in their respective roles.

Overall, this film is definitely worth watching. If someone as sports-inept as me can enjoy the movie as much as I did, it's definitely one for everyone.

7/10




Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List