3 Month Favourites | April - June 2023

It always feels like these posts come around so quickly - I can't believe it's already July! But I found some great things to love over the last three months.

Favourite Movie (1): Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

I reviewed this film HERE and completely raved about it. I won't repeat that here, but if you haven't seen it, I definitely, wholeheartedly, recommend it.

Favourite Film (2): Missing

I reviewed this film HERE and like the film above, I raved about it, and would 100% recommend it if you haven't seen it yet. It's definitely worth a watch.

Favourite Film (3): The Little Mermaid

This isn't one I've reviewed, but I went to see it a few weeks ago and I loved it. I'm a fan of the animated version anyway so I knew I'd like the story, but I really loved this updated version. The music was perfect, the new songs fit right in, and the cast was amazing. Definitely one to watch if you like the original!

Favourite TV Show (1): Mayor of Kingstown

There will be a bit of a Jeremy Renner theme with some of the upcoming additions to this post, but this is probably one of the most underrated shows I've watched. It's about a town called Kingstown, the prison system, and how incarceration has become a thriving industry for the people who live there. It was so much more interesting than I thought it was going to be and I flew through the two available seasons. I can't wait for a potential third, and definitely think it should be a lot more popular than it is!

Favourite TV Show (2): How I Met Your Father

I have to admit, I didn't really like the first season of this show. I liked the characters, but felt the writing was a bit off. So while I was interested in season 2, I didn't have high hopes for it. But for some reason I completely fell in love with the second season. It was like everyone behind and in front of the camera figured out what they were doing, everything clicked into place and it became a very funny enjoyable sitcom. Currently on Disney+ in the UK there are only 11 episodes out, and I flew through them so quickly I was actually upset to find that I couldn't watch any more. I can't wait for the rest of the season to come through! If you watched the first season and didn't like the show, definitely give season 2 a chance!

Favourite Song (1): Long Long Time


This song is probably the number one thing that stuck with me after watching 'The Last of Us'. This song meant so much in episode 3, and after seeing that, I fell in love with it and haven't stopped listening to it since. 

Favourite Song (2): Best Part of Me

I've known that Jeremy Renner could sing for a long time, but I only heard this song for the first time a couple of months ago, and I fell in love with it as soon as I heard it. It's a beautiful song, and definitely worth listening to if you've never heard it.

Favourite Actor: Jeremy Renner

You could probably guess this was coming. I've been a fan of Jeremy Renner since I first got into Marvel and the MCU, but I had a re-emergence of love for him after seeing the interview he did about his accident earlier this year. I watched so many of his movies, as well as a couple of TV shows, and definitely gained a newfound respect for him as an actor. 

Favourite Book: The Mother

I reviewed this book HERE. I absolutely loved it. T.M. Logan is my favourite author and this book has solidified the reason why. I definitely recommend it, and if you're a fan of thrillers, there are a whole host of Logan's books to check out.

And those are my April - June favourites! What have you been loving over the last few months?



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List