Bros | Film Review


I was really looking forward to seeing this film, so I was really glad when it finally came out on the Sky Premiere channel.

Two commitment-phobic men, Bobby (Billy Eichner) and Aaron (Luke Macfarlane) are repeatedly drawn together despite neither wanting a relationship.

I'd seen quite a few negative reviews before finally getting to watch the film, so I'm actually a bit surprised that I liked it as much as I did.

At first, I didn't like it that much. I had trouble connecting to, or even liking, Bobby as a character. And even in some of the funny scenes near the beginning of the film, Bobby seemed like the least funny character.

But after taking a bit of time to warm to the characters, the film became so much more enjoyable.

The two main characters had great chemistry, and I found myself rooting for them from really early on. They were fun to watch, as well as being really sweet.

At about 50 minutes in I did a complete 180 and fell in love with the film and characters, which I'm so glad about!

It was so much funnier than I expected, but also really romantic - it's an actual rom-com, which I haven't seen in quite a while.

While the film didn't have a huge amount of substance, my main focus was on the romance between the characters, and because that was done well, I didn't really care much about anything else.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this film. Give yourself some time to warm to the characters, and then it becomes a really enjoyable movie.

7/10


Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List