Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

I know practically nothing about the Dungeons and Dragons game, but I really liked the trailer for this movie, and after hearing some of the great reviews, I was really looking forward to seeing it.

A group of adventurers go on a dangerous heist to recover a lost relic.

I absolutely loved this film.

The first note I wrote, 10 minutes into the film, was that I was already in love with the characters. 10 minutes in. And I stayed in love with them until the end of the film. I still love them now! They were well-written, unique and so much fun to watch.

I was immediately invested in the story, and was definitely rooting for these characters. It's easy to feel connected to them, and I found myself really caring about them very quickly.

The cast was amazing. The film stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith, Sophia Lillis, RegĂ©-Jean Page and Hugh Grant and all of the actors were perfect for their roles.

But even without these characters, the story itself is so much fun to watch.

The dialogue is as good as the action and vice versa.

There were a couple of predictable moments and maybe one or two jokes that don't land, but those moments don't have a negative impact on the film as a whole.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this to everyone regardless of initial interest, and I hope there's a sequel. In fact, I'd watch 10 more.

8.5/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Imaginary | Film Review