My Filmmaking Dreams | Blogmas Day 15


Hey Guys x

Today, I thought I'd talk to you a bit about my filmmaking dreams.

I've said for the past few weeks that I want to explore filmmaking, but I haven't talked about what in particular I'd like to do.

Well, for starters, I'd like to explore directing.

When you watch a film, the director is the person that you don't even think about, who held the whole film together and is basically one of the main reasons why the film works, and why it's as good (or bad) as it is.

Directors are so important to the filmmaking process, and this is definitely something that I'd like to look into.

It excites me because, the director is the person who has an idea of what the film will look like, and is actually able to make their dream a reality for hundreds of thousands of millions of people to see. That's amazing!

However, I'd also love to explore editing and production. I want to be behind the scenes and see what makes the film exactly what it turned out to be.

And of course, I'd also love to write. Of course this is always going to be something that I'd love to take part in, because I want to write in every single aspect of my life anyway. But writing a screenplay seems like it would be completely different to writing a short story, fanfiction or book.  It seems a lot more exciting, a lot more dialogue filled and it is something that I really want to consider doing in the future!

I'm also kind of interested in cinematography, being the person that actually films the movie. I definitely don't know enough about cameras and filming to be able to do this, but it is definitely something that I want to look into in the future because it is also one of the most, if not the most important part of the filmmaking process.

So yeah, these are a few areas of filmmaking that I hope to learn more about in the future, as filmmaking is what I want to do in the future, in one way or another.

What do you want to do in the future?

Thank you for reading!

It's 10 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 16

Comments

  1. Would you ever want to act in a movie, or is that definitely something you wouldn't want to do?
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really given it much thought. I supposed I wouldn't be opposed to a cameo here or there, but for now, my heart's definitely behind the camera xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Miller's Girl | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion