Being Passionate About Social Media - Izzy K | Guest Week

Tree, Structure, Networks, Internet, Network, Social

Hello Bria Lou and her readers! My name is Izzy K and I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the wonderful Bria Lou for letting me feature on her blog in the first place. I’ve been such a fan of her blog since my very early blogging days and I’m truly honoured that I’m allowed to write this post J

Since the topic for this post is “something that I’m passionate about” there was only one thing that really sprung to mind, and that’s social media. Now I can imagine that a lot of people would start rolling their eyes if I told them that or just tell me to get a life, but the world of social media has honestly changed my life for the better in so many ways.

My two favourite social media sites that I really like to express myself on are my blogs, and my YouTube channel. I feel like these are the perfect platforms to be able to document my thoughts and life on and I’ve always treated them as my sort of online diaries. It’s just so fascinating to look back at what I was like 2 years ago (whilst cringing) and seeing how much I’ve changed. And the fact that I will be able to do this for as long as the sites are available excites me so much.

Something I really enjoy about social media is that I now have friends in every corner of the world. London, Wales, New Zealand, New York, Estonia, Romania, literally everywhere is filled with amazing people who I’m now in contact with. The scary thing to me is that without these platforms, I more than likely wouldn’t even know that these amazing people existed and would have missed out on true friendship. Obviously you need to be careful about who you chat to online, but I’ve had great experiences getting to know people within these communities. Every time I go online, these people fill me with positivity and that’s something I’m so eternally grateful for.

Another thing that I think is really cool is that with social media you can share only your best bits if you want to. I make a point to post something on Instagram every time I do something vaguely interesting, so that I can look through my feed and just remember the good things that have happened. I know that sometimes social media has been blamed for setting unrealistic expectations in society, but I think that once everyone accepts to just play the same game, it can make things positive. I feel like a lot of harm can be done by documenting the negative aspects of life that should just be forgotten about, instead of just immortalising all the fun and happy times in life.

And also, especially in terms of blogging and youtubing, I have gained so many skills that I didn’t even think I could possess. Especially confidence. Now I wouldn’t say I’m booming with confidence still, but I’m a lot less shy than I used to be, particularly in front of the camera. And I’m also really proud of finally learning how to use my editing software, which looked really complicated and scary to start off with. In terms of blogging, it’s taught me how to actually write something. Writing definitely isn’t something that comes naturally to me, and I’m still not great at it. But it’s still so surprising to me that writing a blog, is one of my biggest hobbies now.

So that’s why social media is so important to me and has played such a major role in my life. I’m also hoping that it will play an important role in my future. I’ve realised that creating content is my true passion in life and I also enjoy all the behind the scenes/business aspects of it. If I don’t end up working within media that would honestly end up as a huge shock to me at this point. 

Comments

  1. A lovely post for Guest Week! Stay confident and passionate about social media. Have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting me feature on your blog :) xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for taking part! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review