My Favourite Disney Films - My Sister! | Guest Week

Hey everyone I’m Harley and I’m Lou’s little sister. I don’t actually have a blog but Lou asked me whether I wanted to do a post for guest week and I thought I’d give it a go. So here it is!

7. Tangled

I absolutely loved tangled from the very first time I watched it. In my eyes I think what made tangled such a great film was the fact that it put a modern spin on a classic fairytale. Personally, I think that this makes it stand out from a lot of other Disney films, well that and its great soundtrack!!!

6. The hunchback of Notre dame

My sister and I both love this film so much for so many different reasons. Its concept, teachings, soundtrack and more.  We also really love the film because of the main moral of the story: treat everyone well.  We think that if everyone actually took the message of the film away with them then there would be a lot less anger and hatred in the world.

5. Aladdin

Aladdin is an absolute classic in my eyes. I first watched it when I was really little and up to this day I still love it just as much. I like the fact that Aladdin teaches you not to judge people based on material things such as, the clothes they wear or how much money they have. It shows that we should open our hearts more to the world around us.

4. Beauty and the beast

My sister and I love this film for all the wrong reasons! We literally just watch this film to laugh at and critique Gaston (the villain) throughout the whole film. We find his persistence to “win” Belle hilarious and idiotic at the same time. Gaston is one of our all time favourite Disney villains because of his sheer determination to win Belle's affection.

3. Up

Up is one of the most emotional Disney films made, it’s definitely a tearjerker! In the very first scene we get to explore the love story between Carl and Ellie from the time that they first met, to the sad death of Ellie. We get to see Carl’s journey to fulfill his and Ellie’s dreams of getting to paradise falls along with a little help from a lovable and irritating boy called Russell. This film is simply great!

2. The lion King

Believe it or not, I watched the Lion King for the first time last year. The lion king basically follows a young lion called Simba and his journey through life. The soundtrack for the film was amazing and hakuna matata is one of my favourite songs of all time, because it teaches you not to stress out and have “no worries” because life is too short to be anxious about the perils of day to day life.

1. Tarzan

Tarzan has to be number one on my list! I think that Tarzan is one of the most underrated Disney films of all time. It makes you feel a rollercoaster of emotions throughout the film which is what makes it so great. I also think the concept of a boy growing up in a family of monkeys and trying to fit in makes the film stand out from a lot of other films because it makes it unique. Not to mention, the film also has a killer soundtrack thanks to Phil Collins!!!


Thanks so much for reading my post, sorry it wasn’t that good, I’m completely new to this. However, guest week so far has been really fun and interesting and I cannot wait to see more posts in the coming days.                                                                                                             Harley xoxo

Comments

  1. I love love love Disney films, my favourite would definitely have to be Snow White, or Cinderella! I love the classics but the new ones are good aswell! Xoxo
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tangled is such a great movie! I agree, I love how Disney created it's own version of a classic fairytale. Same with Frozen, where the original story is incredibly different!
    I also love Aladdin. I actually watched it for the first time only a few years ago. Like 5 years hahaha when I was younger I was more obsessed with Cinderella, Snow White, and Little Mermaid.
    Great guest post!

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these Disney films! I love Disney so much, I think Beauty and the Beast has to be my favourite!
    Elise xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review