April Favourites! | 2016

Hey Guys x

Time again for another Favourites post!

It feels weird - because of guest week, I've only personally written like, 5 posts, since the last favourties!

April has been a busy month, so I must warn you that this is probably the longest 'Favourites' post that I've ever written!

Sit back, relax and enjoy!

Favourite Movie 1: Miss You Already


I don't know when this film came out, but I only watched it this month and I completely fell in love with it! It's about two lifelong best friends, Milly and Jess. Their lives are heading in different directions but they always make time for each other. However, things get complicated with Milly discovers that she has cancer and Jess finds out that she's pregnant. The friend's lives are pulled apart and they're forced to work out why they're friends in the first place.
This film is so touching and I really really enjoyed it. It doesn't take on the roll of a 'cancer film' for me, because the cancer isn't the most important aspect of the film - and Milly not having cancer will not solve all of the problems. In fact, her getting cancer is what causes them to address and fix a lot of their problems. If you get the chance to watch this, I'd really suggest that you do - you won't be disappointed!

Favourite Movie 2: Woman In Gold


Remember my Ryan Reynolds obsession from March? Well it definitely carried on through to April, particularly in regards to this film! This film is about a woman who fled from Nazi Germany (or Austria) in her early adulthood with her husband. She is now elderly and is trying to get back a painting of her aunt that is now hanging in a gallery. It's rightfully hers, and she wants it back. With the help of her trusted lawyer Randy, she sets out to get it back.
This film, as well as being entertaining, is really informative! Of course, we've all seen films or read books or articles about what life was like in Nazi Germany as someone of Jewish descent, but this film seems to tackle it from a different angle, while still evoking the same feelings, which is incredible! Just like the film above, if you get the chance to watch this, please do!

Favourite TV Show 1: Orange is the New Black


I know that I'm so late to this, but I don't even care because I'm catching up at rapid speeds! This show is about a girl called Piper Chapman who, through a few bad actions, has ended up in prison. There, she meets a variety of characters and does some mighty fu*k-ups. There's no other way to describe it, life in a woman's prison really isn't what you'd expect it to be!
It's weird, the main thing that this show has changed for me is the way that I view prisoners. I mean, I've just finished season 1 and I don't know what half of the prisoners actually did, but you view people as people. Drug dealers, drug mules, everyone is just a person with their own set of problems, their own set of mistakes and their own time to do. I didn't think I would like this, which is why I was so late, but it is so worth a watch! I was hooked from the first episode, so definitely give it a chance!

Favourite TV Show 2: Gossip Girl


Admittedly, I only started watching this because I am obsessed with Ryan Reynolds and he's married to Blake Lively (Blonde in the center in white) so I thought I'd give it a go - and I'm so glad I did! This a show about 'Manhattan's elite', a group of 16-18 year olds who run everything! Serena (Blake) and Blair (Leighton Meester) are best friends - and you're extremely lucky if you're in their inner circle. I don't want to say too much because I went into this completely blind and was surprised and impressed, so if you decide to watch it, I want you to have the same surprise - but watch it because there's a reason why it's so popular!

Favourite Song: Centuries


I've never listened to 'Fall Out Boy' before, this is the first song that I've come across and that's only because it was used in an Avengers fan video. Nevertheless, I love it! It makes me feel so powerful! It just fits so well with the Avengers and listening to it makes me feel really bad-arse! Plus, it's just a genuinely catchy, well-written song, so definitely listen to it!

Favourite YouTuber 1: Louise Pentland


Louise is one of my favourites for this month purely because it was her birthday yesterday and I wanted to show her some love for it! Plus, she'll always be an inspirational lady and one of my role models. Happy belated birthday Louise!

Favourite YouTuber 2: Daniel J Layton


I don't think I've mentioned Dan Layton on my blog yet! I've been undercover loving him for months without subscribing to him or following him on twitter, so when he started doing a pretentious monthly scrapbook, I did both and just fell in love with him more (in a platonic sense - I don't just fall in love with every attractive guy I see, what do you take me for??) but yeah, we have the same sense of humour, and he just seems like a really cool guy! I can't wait to see more from him!

Favourite Game: The Game of Life


I bought my sister this game for her birthday and we've loved playing it! It's a bit like monopoly in the sense that you go round buying houses and trying to make more money than the other person, but you also get to get married, have babies, and have an amazing career! It's just interesting to see the differences each time you play - you can have a completely great life or a really shit one through luck of the draw. It'll keep you entertained for hours on end, particularly if you're playing with someone younger who just wants to play over and over again!

Favourite Music Artist: McFly


OMG, McFly are going back on tour!!! I have been waiting for this news for so long and honestly, after McBusted, I didn't think it would ever happen, but it is! Sadly, I don't have tickets, but the behind-the-scenes shots, the interviews, Tom's vlogs, probably Carrie's vlogs, will be enough to make me feel like I was there every night, and I can't wait for everything to begin so I can live vicariously through the fans that are going!

Favourite Celebrity: Captain America: Civil War cast!


Captain America: Civil War comes out this Friday, and to say that I'm excited is a massive understatement - I've been waiting for this and am so glad that it's finally nearly here! A lot of people have already seen it and the reviews have been amazing so I can't wait! Please don't leave any spoilers for me if you have seen it because I've been looking forward to this for ages and that would make you a really horrible person!
But the cast have been doing interviews and press conferences for the last few weeks and I've been soaking in as much as I can to get ready for this.
This is going to sound a bit soppy, but The Avengers, or rather, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, has changed my life in so many different ways. It's given me movies to be passionate about, it's made me interested in directing and production and special effects, it's made me see what a geek I really am, it's made me passionate for something other than YouTube and blogging, and it's given me so many actors and actresses to be obsessed with and to stalk on a near-daily basis, and I could not be more grateful that I found them when I did, because I couldn't imagine my life without these actors and this franchise in it.

Favourite YouTube Video: Who Inspires Me Most?


Sorry about the picture - she only posted this video yesterday so I couldn't have the video in the post, but this is a video by Louise Pentland and I just loved it! She was talking about all the women in her life that inspire her and why. What struck me was when she started talking about her love for single mothers. I was raised, from the age of about 11, by a single mother, and everything she said is completely true! I'm not gonna go off on a tangent to talk about my own mother because she's not sentimental in the slightest and it would just be completely cringy if she ever read it, but I can tell that being a single parent is one of the toughest things a person can do - you're single-handedly responsible for this human (or in some cases, like my mum, more than one human) who you have to look after and make sure that they do the best in life. Single parents need their own medals of honour, particularly for putting up with us kids!

Random Favourites:

Guest Week

If you haven't been on my blog much this month, you might have missed Guest Week, you can click on that to see all of the posts! It was 14 days of guest posts and guest bloggers, and I think it went really well! There was a huge variety in the posts and I am so grateful that so many of you guys wanted to take part, because you made it really successful!

Cathy Macphail books


I used to read a lot of Cathy Macphail in my childhood, and I'm recapturing that by buying the books that I used to be obsessed with when I was younger! She's an amazing writer and all her stories, despite being for children, are genuinely quite scary! Honestly, I've used one of them for inspiration in my degree-level creative writing piece, they're definitely not for children - and this comes from someone who loves horror and loves to be scared! She's awesome!

Sporcle




I don't know if I've mentioned Sporcle before, but it's basically a website with hundreds of thousands of different quizzes on anything you could think of! I am obsessed with it and am always on it if I have a lot of time to spare! It's so fun, and it makes you competitive with yourself, which is always fun. My favourites are the movie quizzes. My dad introduced it to me and I've been hooked! I've even made a account so that I can win badges, which is another fun thing about it! Try this out if you haven't!

Friends
This is the last thing on this list - and no I don't mean the TV show, I mean my actual friends! My two closest uni friends and I have been swamped with work, particularly our creative writing pieces. There was one night this week when we basically re-constructed my whole piece and made it amazing, and I am so grateful to them for helping me out and being even more enthusiastic about my story than I was! So I thought I'd leave a little note here that they'll never read, just to say thank you and to point out that good friends are really hard to come by, and I'm really happy that I've found some great ones!

Thank you for reading!

Comment below what your favourites have been this month!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review