Why I Started Blogging

I'm kind of going along with a personal theme this week. Yesterday's post (A letter to my future self) was not only my most personal post so far, but it was probably my favourite post that I've written so far, so please check that out if you haven't already.

But yeah, so I thought, if I'm going to ask you to read my posts, I should tell you why I'm writing them in the first place!

First of all, youtubers. It seems a bit of a weird place to start but it's true. The first blogs that I started reading were the blogs of Louise (Sprinkle Of Glitter), Zoe (Zoella), Tanya (Tanya Burr) and Niomi (Niomi Smart), but of course, I never thought I could do what they do, or that my blog could look even remotely good. So I consider writing one. This was in February.

So then I threw myself into my wattpad writing. I saw a girl who had written a story that I loved, and she also had a blog. She wasn't a celebrity, or even remotely famous, so it surprised me when I saw how nice and professional her blog looked. This made me think that, maybe, I could write a blog. It wouldn't look good, and people might not read it, but I could do it. Maybe.

On the day that I started, I never thought I would. I logged on to the blogger website out of the blue and saw that I already had an account, and had had one since 2011. I kind of took this as a sign (although I know that it probably wasn't one) and chose to create my blog. First up was the name, which was always going to be 'Lou's World'. This was the first step. The second was to choose a background template, the one that I still have now (although it looked a bit different before!) and it was time to plan my first post!

I'll save the reason behind the post for another blog, but I remember writing about 4 posts on that one day! I was so excited to start that I wanted to be writing every second. I decided that I would write every day, promoting myself on twitter and The Hopeful Forum. I then decided on every other day, which I still do.

I'll keep this short(ish) but I wanted to give you a bit of an introduction to why I started this. I hope that it's kind of inspired some of you to start blogs, or to come back to blogging if you've had other priorities. I've almost written 100 posts and I can't believe how fast this has gone! I love the way my blog looks now, and although I'll always be trying to improve my blog in every way possible, but I love writing every other day. Planning and editing and viewing the finished product are just a few little pleasures that I receive after every post. I assume a lot of you bloggers enjoy them too!

Thank you for reading.

Comment below what made you start blogging!

Comments

  1. I loved the idea of having my own little space and it just looked really fun!
    Hattie
    hattiehards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, weirdly I only came across Zoella this year! Then saw she had a blog and things and it was one of the many factors that made me want to start blogging! Ohh well done on reaching nearly 100 it's such an achievement although it may be small to some! Lovely post! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'