A Letter To My Future Self

Dear you,

First of all, are you still running this blog? You must remember when Lou's World was your favourite place on the internet, your own individual space. Maybe you've bought yourself a domain name and are making money from this crazy hobby, which we both know would be a dream come true.

Did you find the university course for you? Because we know I've been struggling with this. Have you finally decided to pick a career, or are you lying low until your options become clear?

Are you still obsessed with YouTubers? I can't imagine a time when this isn't true, but you may have found that watching people show their lives to millions of people just isn't for you. Or maybe you've decided to become one. You know I've toyed around with this idea once or twice. Have you finally taken the plunge and turned 'Lou's World' into something 3 dimensional?

How's the anxiety? You'll remember that in 2014 it seems unavoidable and it's hard to cope. Have you found a way to make everything ok? Have you found a time where we can stop worrying about the little things and start living like we haven't a care in the world? Or is the world, and the future for that matter, a scary place that you still can't work out?

What do you look like now? Have you learnt to walk in heels, or to wear more daring outfits? Are you still wearing glasses or have you got over the fear of putting your fingers in your eyes and purchased contacts? Are you happy with the way you look? You weren't in 2014, but maybe you've found a way to see what you never could before. Or maybe you still avoid taking pictures and looking in mirrors, because there are some things that never really change.

What are your hobbies? I obviously know that you're a bookworm, nothing on earth could make me change that. Have you converted to E-books, or audio books? Or are you still the girl that will carry around paperback books until the end of time? If this is the case, do you still have the books that you posted in your world in 2014? The books that you loved and claimed that you couldn't live without?

Do you miss 2014? Do you miss a time when bills weren't what you had to pay and the place where you laid your head to rest after each day was still under mum's roof? Is it weird knowing that you're in the real world now, rather than just Lou's World? You have to make something of yourself. Do you know what yet?

Tell me it gets better. I've always prayed for the future to allow me to be the best me that I can. Please tell me this is still possible. Tell me that, yes you probably went through shit, but you were able to make it out the other side. Tell me that you're happy. That you wake up each morning with an even bigger smile on your face. That you're excited for what the days will bring, rather then worrying about being judged and ridiculed by your peers.

What has changed? Can you drive or pay bills? Do you own a car, a flat or maybe a house of your very own? Have your changed your predictable hairstyles and are you the person that you somehow knew you always were? Are you religious? I can imagine you might be. Maybe studying religious studies has made you feel different? If you're still interested in it, that is!

What has stayed the same? Are you still an introvert? I assume you are, things like that don't change easily. But are you the person that school has forced you to be. Are you the person you were at school or at home? Introverted vs Outgoing? Have you made a choice or has it been made by the people around you?

But seriously Lou, who are you now? Are you big or small, happy or miserable? Are you a snob or a slob? Do you still find pleasure playing sims and reading chick-lit or have you become the person who reads newspapers and never plays games because 'you're too old for this now?' I hope that you're the person who doesn't care about labels, the person that we've both kind of always wanted to be. Or maybe you've just found the labels that you own, because you couldn't be described in any other way? And please make these labels somewhat ok because I couldn't imagine you living with negative labels one day, as you have to this day.

Back to this blog. Just a word of advice. I don't care if you buy a domain name, change the blog completely or create a YouTube channel out of it. But promise me that you'll keep it running. Lou's World was one of the only things that can make you exceptionally happy, don't let anything make you give it up. Even if you post once a week, once a month, once a year. I would settle for you never posting, as long as you look back over it every now and then. I know that re-reading the posts will make you want to write again, and that's good. In 2014, writing was your passion. I hope it still is whenever you're reading this. Remember how much you put into this, how much of yourself you see through the words that you write or the pictures that you take. You know how important Lou's World is, and how each comment makes you feel. What on earth could make you give that up?

So, future self. Look around you, and no matter where you are, smile. You've made it through some of the toughest times than I could ever imagine. You're stronger than you think.

Lou xx


This is the most personal thing that I have written on this blog, so I really hope you like it.
I wanted to do something different, something that I'd never tried. I've had this idea for a long time, but when Carrie Fletcher made a video talking to her sixteen year old self, it seemed like fate and I had to go for it.

Thank you for reading, I guess you know a bit more about me now!

Comment below something that you want to say to your future self!

Comments

  1. I loved this post. If it's something to my future self it's "You better be doing something awesome."

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I might do a similar thing on my blog if that's okay? <3
    Hattie
    hattiehards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Find out how THOUSAND of individuals like YOU are making a LIVING from home and are living their wildest dreams TODAY.
    JOIN NOW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List