Book Review #24: You're The One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher

Before I start this review, oh my gosh, this is my 25th review! I've done quarter of 100 reviews! Thanks if you've read, at least one of my reviews, it means a lot. Especially as books are probably my number 1 passion in life, just as writing is!
 
 
I am a huge fan of Giovanna Fletcher. I've said this so many times so I'm not going to repeat how much I love her, but I think I love this book as much as I love her! One of my favourite things about it is the front cover. I find the colours really calming and, although I don't like to judge books by their covers, but the covers really entice me to pick up a book and read it, they attract me. And although I would have bought this book no matter what the cover looked like, the cover just made me want to read it immediately!
 
This book is about Maddy, Rob and Ben, the tripod, as they call themselves. They're the ultimate threesome, best friends from the age of 9 and nothing was going to change. 17 years later, however, and everything has changed. Maddy is wearing her white dress and is about to walk down the alter. She sees Rob, best friend turned husband-to-be. But has Maddy made the right decision in choosing Rob, or is Ben the right guy for her. Will Maddy make the right decision, or will she wait until it's too late?
 
I love this book. I think that love triangles are my favourite thing to watch and read about and this book does it better than most others that I've read. My favourite character, without a shadow of a doubt, is Ben Gilbert. I said in my latest Girl Talk (My Top 9 Boys In Books) that Ben is the kind of guy that I will probably fall in love with one day, and it's true. He's sweet, sensitive, and he know what he wants, he's my type of guy. If he wasn't a fictional character, I would be completely in love with him (although I think I am a bit anyway!).
 
I also love Maddy. She's the typical love triangle victim: one guy is exciting, the other is predictable. But in this case, exciting isn't always best and predictable isn't always that easy to guess. In other words, Maddy is in a bit of a sticky situation!
 
What was good?
As I said, I love love triangle books. I like the fact that the two options, Ben and Rob, are such different people but they mean so much to Maddy, and to each other. I love the bromance between them and I love the way that they treat each other, they're literally like brothers. As well as this, the relationship between the three of them, at least in the first half of the novel, seems like an unbreakable bond.
 
What was bad?
I almost cried reading this, and that's not always a good thing. I can't go into too much detail, but when things started to get a bit rocky in the tripod's friendship, I started to feel a bit uneasy. I know that books can't be happy and joyful all the time, I just wish that it was.
 
Overall
This book was amazingly written and really pulled me into the story, leaving me watching much much more, and I can't help but hope that Giovanna is planning to continue this, although it may not be possible.
 
Thank you for reading
 
Comment below what you thought of this book!

Comments

  1. I've heard good things about this book! Lovely review! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'