Bookshelf Tour Part 2!

Hey Guys x

My last bookshelf tour was really successful and people seemed to like it a lot, so I got out my (borrowed) camera today so that I could take pictures for part 2! You can read the first one right here!

I love doing these tours because I like reminiscing about the books that I'd forgotten about over the years, and I think that it shows you guys a little bit more about me too!

Enjoy!


I did column one last time, so today is column 2!


Quiet
As a self-proclaimed introvert, as soon as I heard about this book I wanted to buy it. It is the most recent addition to my bookshelf (as you can see by the fact that it wasn't in the pictures from my last tour) and I haven't even started reading it yet. I've read reviews on it and it seems like it will be a really interesting read, especially from the perspective of a quiet introvert.


Me Before You
I reviewed this book here and I'm literally just about to start reading it again because I love it so much. I said this in my review, but if you're reading it or thinking about reading it, prepare to cry. This is coming from a girl that didn't cry reading The Fault In Our Stars!
 
 
 
The Undomestic Goddess



I reviewed this book here and you can completely tell how much I loved it! Sophie Kinsella is a huge inspiration to me and I really hope that I can write a book as good as this one day! I've had this for such a long time and have read it so many times! If you haven't read this, I think you should!
 
 
Dark Visions
  I've had this book for ages and haven't read it. Well actually, this is a lie. I've started it a bunch of times, and keep stopping and having to start it all over again. It's quite long, so I haven't found the time to read it recently, but I definitely will soon, especially as the author of this book is also the author of 'The Vampire Diaries', my new favourite TV show!
 
 
The Railway Children
This is a classic that I've never read. I bought it at a second-hand booksale at my school for about 10p, which is an amazing bargain! I want to read it really soon, especially as it isn't that long or thick.
 
 
Charlotte Street
I got this book from my aunt a few months ago and haven't got around to reading it yet, but I am really excited to. I think the problem is, not that I'm back in college, It's nearly impossible to read a book for leisure in one sitting. I either have to stop and begin homework, or if I'm at college, I have to justify why I'm reading it (I always say 'For English. I'm reading a variety of books'), so I'll have to start using my weekends to read all the books that I haven't had a chance to yet. And I've heard great things about Danny Wallace, so I assume this book will be great!
 
 
He's After Me
I've reviewed this here. I am such a huge fan of Chris Higgins and this book was such a good read. I always go back to reading it because it's easy to read and I can read it in a few hours. Read this if you haven't!
 
 
The Rain Maker

This book was given/borrowed to me by my dad, who is a big fan of John Grisham. I'm not sure if it's my thing yet because I haven't read it (it's small, but it's 568 pages!!) but there are so many good reviews of John Grisham books in general so I'm sure that this book is good!
 
 
Something Borrowed
This book was given to me by a friend (the same friend that I did my baking with) for my birthday 2 years ago. I've read a lot of this book, but haven't yet finished it. I know that it is now a movie, but I'm not letting myself watch the movie until I finish the book!
 
 
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth
I said in the last bookshelf tour how much I love the Wimpy Kid books and this book is no exception. You may think that these books are a bit childish for you, but I completely love them!
 
 
Teen Idol
I've been a fan of Meg Cabot since I read 'The Princess Diaries' first 4 books, which are some of my favourite books and movies. I bought this book at a time when I was still young enough to maybe enjoy it, but I waited too long and now I think that I'm too old to enjoy it, so I haven't read it and have no plans to. If you have read it, leave me a comment telling me whether or not you enjoyed it!
 
 
The Twits
If Roald Dahl wasn't a huge part of your childhood, then you need to let him be a huge part of your adulthood because I don't think that anyone should go through life without reading at least one of his books. I haven't read this in ages, but looking at it reminds me of my younger years, which makes me want to read it again!
 
 
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules
Another Wimpy Kid book! This is every bit as good as every other Wimpy Kid book, and it's also a movie that I would really suggest watching if you're looking for something fun to see!
 
 
The Suitcase Kid, The Dare Game, The Illustrated Mum, Midnight
These are together because they're all Jacqueline Wilson books. Her books literally made me fall in love with reading and have fuelled my now obsession with books. She has given me some very fond memories of reading when I was younger and it's nice to remember what I used to read.
 
 
Why Do Men Have Nipples?
This is just a silly little book of random questions that I saw in an argos catalogue once and decided that I wanted. I've read it, for the most part, and the questions are hilarious, but with true answers, which I loved!
 
 
Shopaholic and Baby
This is the first 'Shopaholic' book, in fact, the first Sophie Kinsella book that I had ever read and I am so glad that I did! I argue that it's the best 'Shopaholic' book, but that's just because I love it so much!
 
 
The Secret Life of Bees
I had watched most of this film with my mum a few years ago, so she bought the book for me to read. I haven't read it yet but it is firmly on my 'To-Read' list because I really liked the film!
 
 
Billy and Me
By now, you probably know how much I love Giovanna Fletcher. My review of this book is here and I've just started reading her second book, which I will review on Wednesday, so look out for that!
 
 
The Colour Purple
 This book is a classic, and the winner of the Pulitzer Prize, so my mum had to buy this for me. I haven't read it yet but I've seen the film and I really enjoyed it, so I will probably be reading this soon!
 
 
Shopaholic Ties The Knot
This is the second 'Shopaholic' book that I read and I loved it as much as the first! I bought this from a WHSmiths at an airport on the way to Florida (I think) about 5 or 6 years ago, so I've had if for a really long time, and I've read it so many times! It's definitely worth the read, so I suggest that you get it, or at least do some research about it. You won't be disappointed!
 
 
Sleeping Arrangements, The Wedding Girl
These books are together because the are both by Sophie Kinsella, but she is writing as Madeleine Wickham, which is her real name. She writes under two names because her books as Sophie Kinsella are a lot more comical and whimsical than the stories that she writes as Madeleine Wickham. I do prefer her books as Sophie Kinsella, but I enjoyed reading these books too, just not as much!
 
 
Season of Secrets
I remember reading this book about 9 years ago and loving it so much, but I haven't read it since so I can't say whether it was good or not, but by reading the synopsis, it does look quite interesting!
 
So that's the end of the second part of my Bookshelf Tour! I think I enjoyed this one even more than I enjoyed the first one!
 
Thank you for reading.
 
Comment below if you've read any of these books, and what you thought of them!


Comments

  1. Lovely post - still can't believe how many books you have! I love Roald Dahl and Jacqeline Wilson was great! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List