65 | Film Review

This film was on my radar as soon as it came out in the cinema because I'm a huge fan of Adam Driver and will pretty much watch anything he's in. But I also love monster movies and creature features, so I always knew that I'd probably like the movie. I missed it when it came out but it has been released on the Sky Cinema Premiere channel, so I finally got to see it.

An astronaut (Adam Driver) crash lands and soon discovers that he has landed on Earth 65 million years ago. Now he must protect his young companion (Ariana Greenblatt) and find a way to get them home before it's too late.

I really really liked this film. I was actually surprised that the reviews were so negative because I had a really good time!

The film took itself a lot more seriously than I thought it was going to, but that was a good thing because it made me take it seriously too.

I liked the premise. It merges a few well-known concepts to give us something somewhat original. Like 'The Last of Us' in space.

It was fun watching the relationship develop between these two characters.

I was engaged the entire time. It was never boring, it never dragged, and I could have definitely watched another 30 minutes at least.

I love that the time travel aspect was used without it being the main focus. There was never a conversation about 'how' they would get out of this place at this time, and nothing about how this happened was explained to the audience, which allowed the plot to move forward quickly.

The acting was great. I've seen Ariana Greenblatt in a couple of things now and she never disappoints. And as always Adam Driver was great.

There were some points of frustration, mainly from Driver's character who wasn't particularly proficient and often had to be saved by Greenblatt's character, but more often than not that just added to their character backgrounds and the story as a whole.

Overall, I had a really good time. I knew I would like the concept so I'm glad it didn't disappoint!

7/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List