Girl Talk: My Skincare Routine

Hey guys x

I've wanted to do this post for a while as I've been waiting to show you all of the products that I use on my skin on a daily basis. These products are shown in the order in which I use them. Some of the products are just for your face and others are for your whole body. I'll specify which is which below, as well as giving you links so that you can buy all of the products.

This is everything that will be included in this post. These things range from soaps and shower gels to creams and moisturisers.


First up is this Clinique soap. It's only meant for your face and I love it because it's not too greasy and it's really easy to wash off. I use this every day and it helps to keep my face soft. It also leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. You can buy it for your specific skin type - dry, combination or oily. I've got the combination soap.
Buy it here: http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1572/7144/3--step/Step-1-Cleanse/Facial-Soap-with-Dish-100g/index.tmpl

This is the 'Atlas Mountain Rose Shower Gel' which can be used on your whole body. For a shower gel, it isn't too liquidy or slippery, which makes it easy to apply and to wash off. I love the smell of this shower gel because it's smell is flowery and fresh without being overpowering, a great smell for spring and summer. The bottle that I have is a taster that was given to me by a friend for Christmas, so it's not the size of the proper shower gel.
Buy the full-sized shower gel here: http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/fragrance/for-her/atlas-mountain-rose-shower-gel.aspx


When I'm not using the 'Atlas Mountain Rose Shower Gel', I'm using the 'Frootz Cranberry and Pomegranate body wash'. This does the same job as the shower gel above, and I love it just as much because it has a gorgeous smell and it lasts a long time. Unfortunately, like the shower gel above, this came in a pack that I was given for Christmas and Superdrug are currently not selling them. If I find some other way for you to get it, I'll update this post!


This is something that I use a lot (so much so that it's almost completely run out!) and it is the 'Frootz Cranberry and Pomegranate body polish'. This is only to be used on the body and not on the face. In the picture above, you can see bits within the polish. These bits act as an exfoliator and I love this because it can be used on dry skin to help smooth it. It is the best exfoliator I have ever used, and it washes off immediately so you don't have to walk around with bits on your skin. Unfortunately, this was also in the set with the body wash above, so I have no idea where you could get it from.


And the last of my 'Frootz Cranberry and Pomegranate' collection is the body lotion. This is to be applied to the whole body once skin is dry. Personally I like this body lotion because, with some lotions, once rubbed in, they become dry. However, this always stays slightly moist and keeps the skin refreshed. The only problem is, as with the two products above, I don't know how you could purchase it!

My other choice for a good body lotion is the 'Atlas Mountain Rose body lotion' which is also a taster that I got with the matching shower gel. This basically has all of the same attributes as the body lotion above. The only difference is that, to me, this lotion has a much nicer smell. Just like it's shower gel, it has a great summer smell, very refreshing.
Buy the full-sized body lotion here: http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/fragrance/for-her/atlas-mountain-rose-body-lotion.aspx


This is the 'Astral all over Moisturiser'.  I literally use this every day and I've been using it for most of my life. When I use it, I don't necessarily need to use the body lotion as well as it. However, sometimes I do like to put a bit of lotion on top of it because, once rubbed in it goes dry on the outside. So, although it makes my skin feel moist, I use the lotion to make it look moist too.
Buy it here: http://www.boots.com/en/Astral-All-Over-Moisturiser-200ml_51896/


This is the 'Clinique clarifying lotion 2'. I love this so much! I only use this on my face, and I'm completely in love with it. It leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean. I'm very particular about the products that I put on my face, and I have to say that this is one of the best that I have tried. It is a liquid, so you'll need something to apply it with (I go for cotton wool) but when rubbed in, there's no sign of any liquid residue, which is amazing!
Buy it here:  http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1573/15502/3--step/Step-2-Exfoliate/Clarifying-Lotion-2/index.tmpl


This is the 'Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator'. This is a oil-free cream gel which hydrates skin. I love it because it instantly makes dry skin feel rich and smooth. because it's a cream gel, it's much less greasy than you'd expect it to be and keeps skin hydrated for hours! If you're looking for a good moisturiser, get this! Although it's quite expensive, I think it's worth it.
Buy it here: http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1687/20522/Skin-Care/Moisturisers/Moisture-Surge-Intense-Skin-Fortifying-Hydrator/index.tmpl

If you saw my post from last Friday, 'What's In My Bag', you would have seen this product. This is another taster, and another moisturiser. How I'm feeling on the day depends which moisturiser I use, but last week was really hot so I was using this one. This is because it is a bit wetter than the first moisturiser, so I felt a lot more comfortable to have it on than the slightly dryer moisturiser.
Buy the full-sized moisturiser here: http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/11095/26651/3--step/DDML/NEW-Dramatically-Different-Moisturizing-Lotion/index.tmpl


This is the 'Cuticura Vitamin E Hand and Nail Treatment'. I love this because it's not too greasy. Especially with hand creams, if they're too greasy, it makes it hard to do certain things, especially if they last a long time. This cream is great because it moisturises the hands and it's good for nails too, which is a bonus!
Buy it here: http://www.auravita.com/product/Cuticura-Vitamin-E-Hand-Nail-Treatment.KEYL10794.html

This is the last thing on my list. Currently, I'm using this Vaseline instead of any lip balms or gloss, just because I find lip balms too dry and I only wear glosses on special occasions. I like this because it lasts for a whole day and it keeps my lips moisturised, which balms don't. This is probably the easiest thing to obtain, but for me, it is an essential. I always have to have something on my lips to stop them from going dry and this does the trick perfectly!
Buy it here: http://www.boots.com/en/Vaseline-Lip-Therapy-with-Aloe-Vera-20g_11145/

Thank you for reading

Comment below what your skincare essentials are

Comments

  1. Lovely post <3 I love the Astral Moisturiser too! I've been using it for ages and so have my family x

    JustYaz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List