Baking White Chocolate Cookies!

I hardly ever bake. Yesterday I saw one of my closest secondary school friends for the first time in about a year. So when she suggested to bake something, I was instantly excited!

We loosely followed the recipe of Tanya Burr's Milk and White Chocolate cookies, but we did things slightly differently as we didn't have scales or milk chocolate!

Ingredients : (Makes 15 cookies)
250g Caster Sugar
200g Self Raising Flour



1 egg

200g Butter

 As much chocolate as you want!


Method
Before starting, preheat your oven to 200 degrees (which I think is gas mark 6) and grease 2 baking trays

Start by whisking together the butter and the sugar (An electric whisk would probably be best, but I don't have one!)

When it is firmly mixed, sieve in the flour and mix/whisk it in

Whisk in the egg, then use your hands to knead the mixture until it forms a dough


Break your chocolate up and add it in depending on how much you want.
I used the whole bar and cut each piece in half before adding it to the dough
 
Use your hands to form dough balls and place them on the greased baking trays.
Then put them into the oven, which has been preheating at 200 degrees. Once in, you can turn the oven down to about 180 degrees (gas mark 4)

Tanya Burr left her cookies in for only 10 minutes, but we left ours for about 15 because after 10, there was no way that they could have been ready.
 
Then take them out and leave them to cool for about 20-25 minutes.
 
This is what ours turned out like.
 
After they're cool, if you seal them in an airtight container, you can keep them fresh for at least 2 extra days!

And, if I say so myself, they were absolutely delicious and I will definitely be making them again!
 
We've already decided that the next time we meet up, we'll make brownies, so when we do that, it will be posted!
 
Thank you for reading.
 
Make these cookies, and comment below how they tasted!
 

Comments

  1. They look so yummy! Abi :) myw0rldmyview.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely going to try this :) More recipe posts please ? aha :)

    http://dontburstmybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise to post whenever I bake again! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'