Finding Emily | Film Review
After being given the wrong number by a girl on a night out, Owen (Spike Fearn) teams up with a psychology student (Angourie Rice) to find the right Emily.
I am here for all of the original rom-coms, so when I first heard about this one, I was really looking forward to seeing it. But I was even more excited when I saw all of the positive reviews.
I really really liked this movie.
As said, original rom-coms seem to be back in full force and I will always be a fan!
The main character, Owen, is really sweet and fun to follow.
The story is really grounded. All of the characters feel authentic and the story feels rooted in reality, even when the dialogue feels a bit over-the-top.
The main actors, Fearn and Rice, have great chemistry and the relationship that they create with their characters is really sweet, and so much fun to watch. Their development is lovely and it's fun to be able to root for them as their relationship forms.
If anything, all I wished was for them to have more time to build a deeper connection. But even with the time they did get it's still believable.
The story felt really original. I liked the way social media was incorporated, and the interesting turns that things take.
But that being said, it was still comfortingly predictable, in the way that rom-coms are, which is why they're so beloved.
My main gripe is that it ended way too abruptly. It could have done with an extra 30 minutes of relationship building and a solid ending, and even then I would have happily watched another hour just to see more of their relationship.
So overall, this is such a lovely story with an original plot and a great, realistic relationship. Definitely one to watch if you're looking for a new rom-com.
8/10


Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment xx