In Bruges | 100 Movies Bucket List

This was another first-time watch!

Not only that, but this was one of the few movies on the Bucket List that I'd never heard of before and went into completely blind. I only really picked it because it had a short runtime.

Thankfully I thought the film was great!

The dialogue was really funny and quippy. It did a great job of telling the audience exactly who these characters were and made the film a really fun watch.

And this completely comes down to the characters. Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson worked really well together and helped to create characters with such an interesting, complex relationship not only because of the way they delivered their dialogue, but also in their natural chemistry.

The film itself is really well-written and, having no idea what it was about, I loved seeing where it went. Even though this is considered a crime comedy, I thought it was really sweet and heartfelt. 

In terms of its classic status, I've never heard it mentioned when classic movies are spoken about, and in general I've never really heard people talk about it. So from that perspective it's definitely underrated and deserves more hype!



Comments

Popular Posts

Deadpool and Wolverine | Film Review

The Lion King | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Instigators | Film Review

Baahubali | 100 Movies Bucket List

A Family Affair | Film Review