Trainspotting | 100 Movies Bucket List

This was another first-time watch!

I had heard of this film once or twice but never knew what it was about, and I'd never been particularly interested in seeing it.

I kind of don't know what to make of the film, but it was very different to what I thought it would be after reading the description - in a good way!

The characters were really interesting and, while I didn't find myself getting completely invested in the story as a whole, there were definitely characters I liked and wanted to see more from.

There were also a lot of recognisable actors who made their start in the film, which was really interesting to see. The acting was amazing!

I also liked that nothing was shied away from. The film is about heavy drug use and also features a lot of scenes and themes that could be seen as controversial. This was done in a way that felt really authentic, and even with harrowing scenes, nothing is sugar-coated or diluted.

So all in all, I thought this was good! Will I watch it again? I can't imagine so. But I do think I understand why it's considered a classic, and I'm really glad I watched it!



Comments

Popular Posts

A Quiet Place: Day One | Film Review

A Family Affair | Film Review

Citizen Kane | 100 Movies Bucket List

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial | 100 Movie Bucket List

Girl Talk: Affordable Back-To-School Outfits