Good Will Hunting | 100 Movies Bucket List

A long-awaited re-watch!

There are a few films on the Bucket List that I've been saving because I know I love them and I don't want to watch them all too quickly.

This was high up on the list of favourites, maybe in the top 4, so as much as I was saving it, I couldn't wait to watch it, which is why I only lasted until June!

One of the reasons I love the film so much is obviously because it stars two of my favourite actors in the world, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, who also won an Oscar for writing it. I'm not sure if this is the film that introduced me to them, but it's one that I definitely love because of them.

The performances in the film, Matt and Ben aside, are amazing. There's a few iconic lines of dialogue, and Robin Williams completely steals the show whenever he's on screen.

It's also written really well, which is why it has the Oscar. We get to understand these characters so well just through their interactions. We know them, we love them, and I for one became really attached to the character of Will, who was an amazing protagonist.

Another thing I loved about the film was how personal it felt. You can tell that love and dedication went into it, but also that it's about real people with real lives. It's really authentic. And as much as I don't really have a problem with sequels/reboots and other IP-based movies coming out in abundance, I do sometimes feel like there is a lack of authenticity in some movies that have come out lately. And when there is authenticity in a movie you can definitely feel it.

So there are just a few reasons why this is one of my favourite movies, and why it definitely deserves its place on this classics list!



Comments

Popular Posts

Deadpool and Wolverine | Film Review

The Lion King | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Instigators | Film Review

Baahubali | 100 Movies Bucket List

A Family Affair | Film Review