Lawrence of Arabia | 100 Movies Bucket List

Another first-time watch!

There are a few movies on the Bucket List that are a bit intimidating, either because of their length or their reputation, and this one was a bit of both. 

I had put off watching it for a while and eventually decided to do it in snippets, just to get over that intimidation. So I ended up watching a bit at a time until I finished, over about a week (it's 3hrs 47 mins).

But it also has a reputation of being amazing, which was another reason for the intimidation!

And honestly, I didn't get it.

I think it just wasn't for me, because I never really enjoyed it, and every time I put it on, I was never looking forward to watching it. If anything, I forced myself to keep watching so I could finally tick it off.

I've done a bit of research into why the film is so popular, particularly at the time it came out, and I do understand why so many people consider it a classic.

For me, though, I just wasn't interested or invested enough to really enjoy it, and it's not one that I'm planning to re-watch.



Comments

Popular Posts

A Quiet Place: Day One | Film Review

A Family Affair | Film Review

Citizen Kane | 100 Movies Bucket List

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial | 100 Movie Bucket List

Girl Talk: Affordable Back-To-School Outfits