Scream VI | Film Review

I love the 'Scream' franchise, but because I wasn't the biggest fan of the one that came before this, I probably wasn't as excited to see it as I could have been.

The survivors of the previous 'Ghostface' attacks leave Woodsboro for college in New York. But when a new Ghostface killer emerges, they once again find themselves fighting for their lives.

I really liked this film, much more than I liked the last one.

I liked the subversion of the opening. It is reminiscent of previous movies while also trying, and succeeding, in being unique.

The story is better than the script. Or rather, the plot of this one is a lot better than the dialogue that the actors are given.

I liked that the killer's motivation seemed to be different this time around - which was one of the reasons I found this a lot more engaging than some of the other movies in the franchise. It's definitely one of the more exciting movies in the series.

The reveal ended up being disappointing, which was a shame. But I loved everything that happened until then. There were some great death scenes!

Overall, this is definitely one of the better 'Scream' movies, and is definitely worth a watch.

7/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List