Heatwave | Film Review

The only thing I knew about this film before starting it was that it starred Kat Graham, who I'm a huge fan of. So I was glad that the premise actually seemed like a good one.

A woman (Kat Graham) becomes entangled in a web of lies after meeting her boss's wife (Merritt Patterson).

I didn't have high hopes for this movie, so I was pleasantly surprised that I actually liked it!

While the plot took a little while to get going, I found myself completely engrossed in the story and characters almost immediately, which never really went away.

I loved the characters - they were interesting, well-written, and played extremely well by the respective actors. Particularly Claire (Graham) and Eve (Patterson) who had amazing chemistry.

The film was compelling, well-written and had great pacing. I never felt bored or like I was just waiting for it to finish.

There are some great twists and a good reveal. Some parts of it were obvious and guessable, but I never felt disappointed or short-changed by the things I had guessed.

Overall, I'd definitely say this is worth a watch. It probably won't be for everyone, but I had a really good time with it.

7/10

Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List