Cocaine Bear | Film Review

I was so excited to see this film. I loved the premise, but when I was seeing something else in the cinema, the trailer was shown, and it made me so hyped! I'm a huge fan of creature-feature movies, human vs beast, all that stuff, as well as goofy comedies, so this seemed right up my street.

After ingesting a huge amount of cocaine, a 500-pound black bear goes on a rampage.

I actually ended up being a bit disappointed with the film. 

First of all, I found the characters really frustrating. There were so many (too many) to keep track of, and none of them were particularly easy to warm to. In fact, we didn't really get time to warm to them, which would have been fine if the entire focus of the film was on the bear. But the film tried to make us care about the characters while giving us no time or information to do this.

And in the same vein, there wasn't enough of the bear. The focus of this film is on characters and cocaine, and that's definitely not what I signed up for when watching a film with 'bear' in the title. The bear didn't do enough rampaging, and not enough people were terrorised.

Having said that, it was mostly a fun watch, and when the bear was actually rampaging, it was quite exciting. But it did get much less exciting as time went on. By the end I didn't care about the bear or the characters.

Though I have to say, the 80s vibe of the film is perfect.

Overall I didn't love this as much as I wanted to, but it's still worth watching if it sounds like something you'd like.

4/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List