3 Month Favourites! | January - March 2021

My first Favourites post of 2021! I'll be honest, I'm rushing to get this written and uploaded before April because this month has gone so quickly! I can't believe a quarter of the year is already over.

But anyway, here are my January - March favourites!

Favourite Movie (1): The Prom


To be honest, I haven't seen a huge amount of amazing movies so far this year. So as The Prom has been one of my favourites, it had to go at the top of the list. I reviewed it HERE, and as you can tell from the review, I absolutely loved it.

Favourite Movie (2): Yes Day

I definitely have a soft spot for movies like this. I didn't end up reviewing it, but I adored it. I ended up watching it two days in a row because I loved it so much. It's about, as you can imagine, two parents who give their children a 'Yes Day', where they have to say yes to doing whatever their children want. It's not winning awards or anything like that, but it's a simple story told in a interesting way, with really unique characters. And it's on Netflix if you want to give it a go!

Favourite Movie (3): You Should Have Left


This is another one that I reviewed, and you can read my review HERE. I have no idea why I loved this film so much, but to this day I'm still thinking about it. I think it must have been a combination of really caring about the characters, and the fact that the story was quite original. But for whatever reason, I loved it, and I can't wait to watch it again.

Favourite Movie (4): Isa Pa, With Feelings


Not only did I watch this film right at the beginning of January, but I watched it at about 2.30 in the morning, so I didn't remember how much I loved it until I was looking through the films I've watched. But I'm glad I remembered it because it's such a good film. It's a Filipino movie about an aspiring architect who falls for her deaf neighbour, and whether they can stay together despite the challenges they face. It was a beautiful story, and one that any lover of romance, rom-coms and the like should make a yearly staple. 

Favourite TV Show (1): Sex Education
This has been my absolute favourite show of the year so far. I reviewed it HERE and I'm trying to convince my sister to watch it just so I can re-watch for the third time. I am obsessed with this show, and I can't wait for the third season!

Favourite Show (2): It's a Sin

Again, this is a show that I've reviewed already, and you can read my review HERE, and again, this is a show that I completely loved. I'm not quite emotionally stable enough to watch it again just yet, but I really want to re-watch it because it was just a beautiful, poignant, and really emotional show. If you haven't see this yet, please watch it.

Favourite Song (1): The Prom Soundtrack

I won't mention The Prom again in this post, but I am in love with the soundtrack. It's kind of what I expected the soundtrack of a film like this to be, and I love that. If you only listen to one song from the album, listen to 'Tonight Belongs to You'.

Favourite Song (2): I Know I Have a Heart

This is a song from the upcoming musical, Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'Cinderella', which stars Carrie Hope Fletcher, who is singing this song. They've released a few songs from the musical soundtrack, and so far this is the one I love the most. Give it a listen and see what you think, but I've had it on repeat!

Favourite Actors: Sex Education and It's a Sin casts

As these are the shows that I've been watching lately, they're also the actors that I've seen the most, and therefore the only ones who could be included here. These casts are really unique, really different from each other, but what they have in common is the chemistry between them, which makes them great to watch whether in their shows, or in interviews about their shows.

Favourite Book: Such a Fun Age

I uploaded my review of this yesterday, and you can read it HERE. And this is here less because of how much I liked it, and more because of how captivating it was. It completely got me out of my Reader's Block because I couldn't put it down. So while I didn't love it, I do really appreciate it.

And that's the end of my first Favourites post of 2021 - what have you been loving in the last three months?





Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion