I Love Boosters | Film Review
A group of shoplifters get more than they bargain for when they set their sights on a fashion mogul.
I didn't go into this one with high expectations, mostly based on the director's first movie. I gave it a positive review but I didn't love it, and as time has gone on I've liked it less and less. Based on the way this one was spoken about it seemed similar, so I thought I'd probably feel the same way.
And that's what happened. It just wasn't for me.
That being said, one of the main reasons I wanted to watch it was because of the cast, and it's worth watching for them alone because all of the actors are fantastic.
I personally have a hard time with absurdity and absurdist comedy, so that was always going to factor into how much I liked the film.
That being said, visually it's really pleasant to watch. It's so vibrant and colourful, and you can tell that so much thought went into creating each detail. And while this was great, it did get to a point where it felt like the visuals were more important than the plot.
I also liked the way friendships were developed, portrayed and explored. One of the best things about the film is the connections between the characters and how their relationships changed as things went on.
I wasn't grabbed by either the story or the characters, and by the second half of the film I kind of just stopped caring about what was happening and how it would end.
There's a lot of social commentary, largely on capitalism, but for me the message got lost in the absurdity of the story.
The crazier the film got, the more it lost me.
So overall, this one isn't for me. It's great visually, and the actors are fantastic, but everything else fell flat for me.
4.5/10


Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment xx