Raiders of the Lost Ark | 100 Movies Bucket List


Next up for the Bucket List was a first time watch,

I've never seen an Indiana Jones film, I've never been interested in them, so this wasn't one that I was particularly looking forward to.

But because I'd never seen one and never knew what they were really about, I was intrigued.

I liked the film. I didn't love it, I'm not particularly interesting in watching it again, or watching any of the sequels, but I had a good time with it.

For a start, as an avid Family Guy watcher, watching the films on the Bucket List has given me so much background on so many of the references in the show! And this is no exception. 

It was like every 10 minutes there was a quote or a scene that I already knew from an old Family Guy episode, and that made watching it really fun!

Another thing I liked, which I've discovered in quite a few of these classic movies, is the secret love story within them.

The most prominent example I can think of is the first 'Terminator' movie, and I loved it in this movie too. I had no idea what the film was about, so I had no idea there was a love interest, and I really loved seeing the characters interact. And I loved that Marion was such a big part of the story.

And the last thing I need to mention, of course, is how amazing Harrison Ford is. I was already a fan from the Star Wars movies, but this might be my favourite performance of his. I thought he was amazing in the role. And it's clear from watching this exactly why he is such a beloved action hero.

So while this film isn't one I completely fell in love with, I'm really glad I've finally seen it!



Comments

Popular Posts

The Mouse Trap | Film Review

Apocalypse Now | 100 Movies Bucket List

Mary and Max | 100 Movies Bucket List

Speak No Evil | Film Review