Apocalypse Now | 100 Movies Bucket List

Next up for the Bucket List was a first-time watch.

And not one that I was particularly looking forward to. 

I had heard of this film in passing but never really knew what it was about. But when I looked it up, the plot didn't really appeal to me.

This was mainly because I'm not a huge lover of films set in or around war.

And that's not to say I've never enjoyed a war film, because I definitely have. But it's not a genre I'm ever really excited to watch.

And when it comes to this movie, I thought it was okay.

I didn't love it, I didn't hate it, I didn't really have any feelings towards it one way or the other.

I thought the acting was great - the film stars a lot of recognisable, highly revered actors who played their roles really well.

But other than that, the story didn't particularly interest me the whole way through - there were definitely some parts that were more interesting than others.

So while I'm not surprised this was on a list of classic films, it wasn't one that I really enjoyed.



Comments

Popular Posts

The Mouse Trap | Film Review

Raiders of the Lost Ark | 100 Movies Bucket List

Mary and Max | 100 Movies Bucket List

Speak No Evil | Film Review