No Hard Feelings | Film Review

I saw the trailer for this back when it first came out and I wasn't that interested in it, I didn't really get what it was about. So when it came out I watched it on a whim, but I had almost no expectations for it.

Maddie (Jennifer Lawrence), desperate and on the brink of losing her childhood home, agrees to date a wealthy couple's 19-year-old son Percy (Andrew Barth Feldman) to give him some social and life experience before going to college. But this arrangement becomes more complicated than Maddie could ever have imagined.

I really liked this film, so much more than I expected to.

The premise has a similar feel to some older rom-coms - it specifically reminds me of 'Failure to Launch', which I loved.

It was a lot funnier than I thought it would be, though some moments of comedy were too over the top.

The characters are all really endearing and make for a fun watch.

Both of the main characters, Maddie and Percy, had great character development throughout the film, and by the time it ends, not only can you see how they have both changed, but you can see exactly what changed them. Which, if nothing else, is down to great writing.

It was so much sweeter and more wholesome than you'd expect from a film with this plot, which made me like it so much more than I expected to.

Overall, this is definitely one to watch. Even if you don't think it's your cup of tea, I would recommend giving it a try.

7/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List