She Said | Film Review

I'm surprised that I didn't hear much about this film until long after it came out. Even when it started getting awards buzz I didn't really know what it was about, so I really wish I'd seen it sooner.

Two New York Times journalists investigate and eventually publish a report that exposes sexual abuse allegations against Harvey Weinstein, inadvertently beginning the #MeToo movement.

This was such a good movie - so good that I was surprised more people weren't talking about it.

For a start, not only is this a really powerful story, but it's told in a really interesting, engaging way. There wasn't a time when I was bored, or when I didn't care about the characters.

I loved that the film featured a few of the real people that were actually involved in the Weinstein scandal, which just makes the events of the film feel that much more authentic. It also makes it feel like the film was made with the best intentions, rather than only being made for entertainment value.

The film doesn't sugar-coat what happened, and as horrific as some details are, they are so necessary to the story. No matter how much you heard in the media when everything came to light, you don't know everything.

The performances in the film were fantastic. The two main characters were played by Carey Mulligan and Zoe Kazan and they, as well as the supporting cast, played their roles amazingly.

Overall, I have no idea why this film wasn't bigger and more critically acclaimed. It's amazing, and one that everyone should see because of how important it is, and how it affected the world as a result.

8/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List