The Flight Attendant | TV Show Review

This show came out in the US before it came out in the UK. The reviews from the US were so positive that I couldn't wait to get the chance to see it.

Cassie (Kaley Cuoco) is a flight attendant who wakes up one morning in a foreign country beside the body of a dead man. But with her memory of the previous evening non-existent, can Cassie discover the truth of what happened?

My love for this show decreased as time went on. 

I loved the first episode. I really took an instant liking to the show, and found that it set itself up really well.

I loved the character of Cassie, and I feel like no one could have played the role as well as Kaley Cuoco, who really made this her own. Cassie felt real, and her reactions were realistic. 

The story is really interesting - you can see why it was made into a show. It was originally a book (by Chris Bohjalian), but the TV format really works for it.

I really enjoyed finding out about Cassie as a character. In fact, there were quite a few times where I cared about the character of Cassie so much more than the outcome of the mystery, and I think that's where one of the major problems with the show lies.

I found myself losing interest as the story became more convoluted and confusing. I started to not care where it would end up.

In terms of the supporting characters, my favourite were Annie (Zosia Mamet) and Max (Deniz Akdeniz), because their individual characters did a great job of moving the plot forward. However, there were some characters and storylines, such as those of Megan (Rosie Perez), that I didn't love. Not only did I not really get Megan's character, or her storyline, I just found that she never felt necessary to the plot. 

And then, as with any mystery series, there was the reveal. I felt that the entirety of the last episode was really underwhelming. It didn't excite me or intrigue me, it was just a bit like 'Oh, okay then', and that wasn't what I wanted. I wanted to be really shocked by the outcome.

Overall, I thought this was a good show. I didn't love it, but I liked the idea of it, and I liked what they did with it in the first few episodes, even if the ending wasn't great.

3/5 Stars


 

Comments

Popular Posts

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion