Book Review #35: Love, Tanya by Tanya Burr

 
As a YouTube fan, obviously I picked up this book and read it! I also picked up one for a friend's birthday before I even read it so you could say I have a lot vested in this!
 
If you're not into YouTubers or have no idea who Tanya Burr is, then you might not be keen to read this book, but keep reading this review because you might find something that you like the sound of.
 
On first reflection, this book is basically an autobiography. There's things about Tanya's childhood, her upbringing and her relationship with her now-fiancé Jim Chapman. But while reading it and looking at the different chapters, I found that there were many things that weren't particularly about Tanya. Chapters such as make-up essentials, skincare essentials and hair and nail essentials are all chapters that are just giving a bit of information to help out the people that are reading the books. The chapter that really stood out to me, however, was the chapter on 'Confidence and Happiness'. As someone that suffers from anxiety, it was really nice to read about it from someone else's point of view, I really liked that.
 
Also in the book, she has a lot of recipes, because if you don't know, she does a lot of baking on her YouTube channel and it's something that she really enjoys. I haven't made anything of hers yet but I really want to because the things that she makes looks really amazing.
 
The main thing I found when reading this book was that, there were many parts of the book that I didn't really want to read, like the 'essentials' parts that I mentioned earlier. They just don't particularly interest me and I skipped them completely when I was reading. However, the parts that I wanted to read, were really good and really made me enjoy the book.
 
What was good?
What I love about this book is that you don't have to be a fan of Tanya to enjoy the book. I know that if you're not a fan, you probably won't give it a chance, but seriously, there's something in the book that would suit most people, which is really nice. Also, as a fan, I really love all of the exclusive pictures that you get with the book. It's really interesting to see how much Tanya has grown since she started YouTube and I think that the book really shows this change. It's also really interesting how she got into YouTube in the first place, as it wasn't a first-choice career for her.
 
What was bad?
As I mentioned, there were whole sections of the book that I did skip, just because make-up isn't really my thing and I didn't really want to read about it. However, I didn't expect ever aspect of the book to appeal to me anyway. But if you're not into make-up/skincare/nails then there are probably parts of the book that you'll skip too.
 
Overall
If you're a fan of Tanya Burr, or suffer with some form of a lack of confidence or anxiety, then I do think that this book will be a really interesting read, just to see from someone else's point of view. I also think that it was well written and it made me like Tanya a lot more than I did anyway, because I've been a fan for ages, but finding  out more about her while reading this was really nice.
 
Thank you for reading
 
Comment below whether or not you're going to read this book!
 
Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I am watching Tanya's latest vlog now! Will have to get this book :)

    www.lipglossandpaperbacks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List