Fangirls

 
I am a Fangirl.
 
There is no way to get around this. For me, it's just a fact. Something unavoidable about my life.
 
There are many definitions of the term 'Fangirl', and it means different things to different people. For a lot of people, it's like an unhealthy obsession, but for me, it's a bit different.
 
For me, being a Fangirl is liking a book, band, music artist or YouTuber a hell of a lot!
 
In my life, I have fangirled over a lot of things, particularly bands. I mean, when I first created my twitter account, it was dedicated to The Wanted, and to this day, a lot of my followers are fans of them, and I love this.
 
Being a fangirl allows me to meet different people who have the same interests as me and connect with them.
 
Who doesn't want to find people who have something in common with them?
 
In today's society, Fangirls get a really bad reputation.
 
I think this is because, when you think of a Fangirl, you think of someone screaming, crying and fainting because they catch a glimpse of their idols, which I think it a bit crazy. To be honest, I don't think I am a Fangirl to this level.
 
But one major thing about Fangirls is the shipping.
 
Shipping is when someone wants two people to be in a relationship or friendship.
 
Fangirls are known for going over the top with the shipping, making people feel really uncomfortable around their friends or boyfriends/girlfriends.
 
One of the main messages of this post is that, not all fangirls are crazy shippers!
 
I mean, I do ship certain people (Such as Carrie and Pete, or Janya) but I don't go over the top with it.
 
My ships are mainly for my own happiness, if that makes sense. I don't ship because I desperately want two people to be in a relationship, but because I really like watching videos with them together and like the fact that they're friends (or more).
 
I think that, if you're not a fangirl, you won't understand that there's a difference between the normal ones and the crazy ones. And it's completely OK to be both!
 
Thank you for reading.
 
Comment below if you're a fangirl. And if so, what do you Fangirl over?
 
Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. This post basically defines my life and I may have to show it to people if they ask me what "fangirling" is. My favourite things to fangirl over is singers and youtubers xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's so nice! We fangirl over the same things! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'