Compliments

 
Hey Guys x
 
I've been thinking about compliments a lot in the past few weeks.
 
I don't think I give a lot of compliments. I mean, if I see that a friend has gone out of their way to look nice, or if they're wearing something that I haven't seen before and really like, I obviously tell them. And they do the same for me.
 
But if I see someone that I don't really talk to, and it's obvious that they've made an effort to look nice, I don't really tell them, mainly because I don't know them well enough or I think that they'll find it a bit weird if I say something to them, because they don't know me that well either.
 
However, there is a girl in one of my classes who I don't really speak to, but she has an amazing sense of style.
 
It's not like I don't like her, she's a really nice girl and I do like her, I just don't necessarily speak to her that often.
 
Anyway, she was in my form room and we were having a conversation, and I just decided to give her a compliment. I told her that she looks nice every day and has a really good sense of style. She responded by telling me that I had really made, quite a shitty day, better for her, which really made me feel good.
 
I think that it's really good to give people compliments.
 
With first hand knowledge, I know just how great I feel if someone gives me a compliment. Especially if I'm having a bad day or just aren't feeling that confident in my outfit, it just makes me feel really good about myself, and it makes me feel good about the person complimenting me.
 
Personally, I'm the kind of person where, if you say something horrible to me, I remember it forever and will never manage to let it go. But it's the same with compliments.
 
If someone compliments me or makes me feel good about myself, I also remember it forever.
 
So I think that you should all use this post as an excuse to give someone a compliment.
 
Whether it's your best friend, someone that you don't talk to, or someone that you've never met.
 
Even if you just leave a nice message on someone's blog, I'm sure it will make them feel good about themselves and about you too.
 
And if they look at you weirdly, laugh, or don't reply to you, who cares? You've done something really nice and if they don't appreciate it, it's they're loss!
 
Give someone a compliment!
 
Thank you for reading
 
Compliment someone in the comments below that you can't compliment in real life.
 
I'll start: M, we don't talk, but your style is amazing and I really admire it!
 
Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. What a lovely post :) I try and do this myself - I try and say at least one nice thing to someone a day, even if I don't know them that well. You never know whose day you could be making. And especially online, which is filled with so much hate. One little comment could make someone's day, and that's a lovely thought to have.
    Loved this post and couldn't agree more

    Xx
    Www.lovelaughslipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this comment, it's so true! Thank you xx

      Delete
  2. I love this! What a great reminder to hand out more compliments!!
    http://newlittlethought.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. The fact that you have realizied this makes you amazing aswell. Loving your blog aswell, following you on Bloglovin'!
    x noirbeanie.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooove giving compliments

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

One Day | TV Show Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'