Hangover Square | 100 Movies Bucket List
This is another film that I'd never heard of before the bucket list, and I didn't really know what it was about before putting it on so I went in blind.
I liked this movie.
It gets right into things from the very first second, immediately engaging the audience in a really effective way. We don't know the context of the situation or who these people are, but we don't need to.
The story is really compelling. We're thrown into this world, with a character who could be either a victim of a villain, and neither we as the audience, the characters around him, nor he himself, really know which one he is.
The characters are great to watch. Between the 'horror' moments, the film kind of plays like a drama. We get to see the different relationship dynamics, we get to know who these people are, and the more interested we are in them, the more invested we are when the 'horror' moments happen.
Because the film is so short, there's a limit to how much can happen. But even with that, it's great that developing the characters is still prioritised.
Focusing on the characters works really well because the actors are so great, and really commit to the authenticity of their parts. They have great, though different, chemistries and play off of each other really well.
The plot is also great. It's engaging the whole way through, well-written, and ends up being a really entertaining watch.
And the ending was great!
So overall, this is definitely one I'd recommend. It's short, easy to watch and holds your interest from beginning to end.


Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment xx