Robots | Film Review


I didn't really know what this was about before I watched it. I like the two main actors, and saw that it was a romance, so I watched it on a whim.

Charles (Jack Whitehall) and Elaine (Shailene Woodley) are using robot doubles to perfect one important aspect of their lives - dating. But when their robot doubles end up falling in love, the pair are forced to team up to find them.

This was fine. It was a fun way to spend an hour and a half, but you won't really think about it once the credits roll.

I really liked the concept once I knew what it was actually about.

The dialogue throughout the film is a bit flat, and a lot of it feels inauthentic.

It's not as funny as it needs to be, and it's definitely not as funny as it tried to be. But it was kind of fun, so it had that going for it. 

After a while it gets a bit boring. I didn't care about the characters as much as I should have, so ultimately I didn't care what happened to them one way or the other.

There wasn't a lot of chemistry between the two leads. You know they will get together because the film is a rom-com, but if it wasn't, I probably wouldn't have guessed that they'd end up being a couple.

Speaking of genre-switches, a film with a similar-ish premise, but as a thriller or horror, probably would have worked a lot better.

Overall, this film was nothing special, and I probably won't watch it again.

4/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List