Good Luck to You, Leo Grande | Film Review

I'd been meaning to watch this for so long. I remember it looked really interesting when it first came out, so I'm glad I finally got around to it!

Nancy (Emma Thompson), in search for something new, hires sex worker Leo (Daryl McCormack) to help her experience things she never has before. But their meeting changes them both in ways they never expected.

While I was interested in seeing the film, I never knew what it was really about, so I was pleasantly surprised by it.

The script reads like a play. The dialogue is quick and takes up most of the film in the best way. It would definitely work on the stage.

I really liked both of the characters. It was really interesting to watch their interactions, and the candidness of the dialogue made it a really entertaining watch.

The film is completely character driven, and the characters make a great connection, not only with each other, but with the audience. We get to know Nancy really quickly, and then we get to know Leo at the same pace that Nancy does. It works really well.

I didn't expect the story to be so heart-warming, or so sweet. Even when things felt a bit uncomfortable to watch, it still had that really sweet undertone.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this movie. It probably won't be what you're expecting, but that's definitely a good thing.

7/10


 

Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List