Christmas In Tune | Blogmas Day 4

 

It's Blogmas day 4!

I didn't know much about this movie before picking it, but I'm always on the lookout for musical Christmas movies, and this one seemed to fit the bill!

Years after the personal and professional break-up of singing duo Georgia (Reba McEntire) and Joe (John Schneider), they reunite for a Christmas concert, only to find that there may still be something between them.

This is my favourite film of Blogmas so far, I loved it!

First of all, it's always nice to see an older couple be the focus of a rom-com. Even though there's a subplot featuring a younger couple's romance, I loved that I was rooting for all of the couples equally.

The cast is great and the acting is great. The film feels realistic and authentic despite being a Christmas movie.

And speaking of the cast, they made all of the characters individually likeable and fun to watch. They were the perfect characters to take this story forward, and I'd definitely watch a sequel just to see the characters again.

Music is a focal point of the movie. It's beautiful, sung well, and used to move the film along. In general the music is used really well.

Overall, this movie completely embodied the Christmas spirit for me. It's fun, joyful and adorable, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to get into the mood for Christmas!


Originality - 7/10

Christmas Spirit - 8/10

Christmas Music - 9/10


It's 21 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 5!




Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion