Hotel for the Holidays | Blogmas Day 22

This is a Freevee original movie, and what attracted me to it more than anything was that I have enjoyed seeing the two main actors in other projects, so I wanted to see them in something different. I don't think I looked at the description before putting it on.

As hotel manager Georgia (Madelaine Petsch) is caught between the hotel chef (Mena Massoud) and an ex-prince (Max Lloyd-Jones), the other hotel workers and guests have their own holiday dramas to worry about.

I didn't like this film that much. It was okay, but a few elements didn't really work for me.

It never spent time making me care about any of the characters - neither the main characters, or the background characters who had their own side stories.

In terms of the main character Georgia, I kind of felt like she didn't really have chemistry with either love interest, which made things feel a bit inauthentic.

As mentioned, there were a lot of characters with side stories, but none of these felt particularly important or interesting. The only side story I liked watching was the gay love interests and their lost dog. To be honest, I would have liked the whole film to be about them.

When there were 30 minutes left, it felt like nothing had happened; to be honest, nothing much does happen. There isn't really a plot.

Overall, this is fine, but there are definitely better Christmas movies out there.


Originality - 6/10

Christmas Spirit - 4/10

Christmas Music - 3/10


It's 3 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 23!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review