Skipping The Oscars 2021

 

This year's Oscars is taking place this Sunday, 26th April.

The Oscars is one of my favourite times of year, without a doubt. I love the preceding weeks where I get to see all of the films, and then I love that night where I stay up until 4 in the morning seeing who won.

I've been really lucky to not be traumatically affected by the Pandemic, but one of the ways that I have been affected is the fact that cinemas have been closed, meaning that many films have either had to release on streaming platforms, or not at all.

Because of the way that these films have (or haven't) come out, there's no way that I can get involved with the Oscars this year. And I hate that because I've watched religiously since 2016. 

Of course, I'll still be reviewing the films when they come out, and I'll try to see as many as possible, but there's no way I could see them all before the ceremony.

Speaking of the way that films have been being released, I enjoy the fact that a lot of them have gone straight to streaming platforms. However, when you're usually watching a film alone in a cinema with a ticket that costs £4.99, there's no way to justify watching a premiere on Amazon Prime for £15.99 alone, at home. So that's another reason why I haven't seen a lot of the films that have been released recently.

I for one can't wait for the cinema's to reopen!

But as I've said, I'll still be watching and reviewing as many of the Best Picture nominees as possible. I've already reviewed 'The Trial of the Chicago 7', and I'm hoping to watch and review 'Promising Young Woman' and 'Sound of Metal' in the next week or two. 

So, this is my only Oscars-themed blog post this year, which I hate. But on the bright side, I can't wait to see what's nominated next year!


 

Comments

Popular Posts

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Anyone But You | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion