Dog Days | Film Review

Image result for dog days 2018

Hey Guys x

This is a movie that I really wanted to see when it came out in the cinema, but unfortunately I missed it. However, last week I noticed that it has since come onto Netflix, so once again, I was really excited to see it!

A group of people with seemingly no connection become involved in each other's lives, in one way or another, because of their love of dogs.

That was the best way I could describe the film without comparing it to other movies, but truthfully, it's like a version of 'Valentine's Day'/'New Year's Eve'/'Mother's Day'/'Love Actually' but with more dogs . However, what's different (apart from the dogs) is that there seem to be less main characters than those other movies. You have the chance to get to know each of these characters easily and equally.

All of these characters, for the most part, are extremely likeable. This might be because you can really get to know them, or just because they all were well written characters with interesting story lines, but there wasn't one individual story line that I wasn't interested and invested in.

The thing with movies like this, though, is that the endings are always extremely predictable. And while that does apply to this film, the predictability of these stories doesn't take anything away from the stories themselves.

Another thing that really makes you care for these characters is the unexpected heartfelt moments. Maybe you're a person who feels emotional whenever a dog is on screen, but as someone who isn't an animal person at all, I didn't expect to care about these people, or these animals, as much as I did. And for me, that's a sign that the film achieved something that it probably set out to do.

And then there's the ending of the film. I'm someone that enjoys films with little-to-no conflict as much as I enjoy films that leave you devastated at the end. The one word that I would use to describe the ending of this film is 'satisfying'. Comfortable, easy to watch, and satisfying.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this film! It's fun, enjoyable and something for everyone.

6.5/10

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Anyone But You | Film Review