Book Review #38: Calm by Michael Acton Smith




Hey Guys x

This book was one of my first amazon purchases, and I wrote a post about it here.

I've heard about this book on the internet and from various Youtubers, so when I saw it in my amazon recommendations, I thought I'd give it a try.

This book is about exactly what it says in the cover: calm. There are various exercises helping the reader to have calm within their lives. It talks about the benefits of having some calm in your life, as well as mindfulness and meditation tips, as well as different activities that introduce calm into someone's life.






I love this book!

Honestly, I think it really illustrates how important it is to have a break from life once in a while, and why we should all have calm in our lives. Every page is really calming and has a different effect on the reader. It's also filled with lovely quotes that really put things into perspective. For me, it just makes me look at life in a different way. Like, there are so many things in life that make me feel worried or anxious, but by using calm, it kind of makes those things not such a big deal.

Some of the activities that I love the most are: 'Write a list of ten people that make you feel happiest', 'Write what made you feel calm today', 'Eat a single square of chocolate mindfully', 'Read some poetry' and so on, because they are all things that I wouldn't ever think to do to induce calm, but they are all actually really useful and helpful tips. And everything is spoken through in the book so you know exactly how to, for example, eat chocolate mindfully, which is a really nice touch.

What was good?
Everything! Honestly, every single page is a new introduction to calm and I love that, because if something doesn't work for you, you can just turn to the next page and try out something completely different. There's something in there for everyone, even if you're not a particularly stressed or anxious person. I think calm would be useful for everyone!

What was bad?
The only thing bad about this book is that I can't just take it everywhere with me! Honestly, because obviously the times when people tend to feel the most anxious are the ones when their in an environment that they're not comfortable in, and the book can't be with us 24/7!

Overall
Buy this book! I would recommend this book to literally anyone because it's so amazing and useful in most aspects of everyday life. Even if you aren't an anxious person, you'll be able to learn something from this, but get it especially if you are!

Thank you for reading

Comment below what your first impressions of this book are!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. This sounds like a really good book :) Great review xx

    blogjustabubble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading over to amazon right now! :D haha. I've been wanting to find a book like this for so long! This one sounds like it's really good so I'm definitely going to be checking it out. Thanks for sharing <3

    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "color me in" part, it does look like a nice calming book. One that would be nice to grab and go read (or draw in it) outside. :)
    Check out my blog if you want: http://samanthas-littleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'