The Restaurant Rant!



Hey Guys x

You all know by now how much I love a rant, so I thought I would do one today!

I’m not a frequent restaurant-goer at all, I mostly go for a special occasions, but there are a lot of things about going out to restaurants that really annoy me, so I thought I’d turn them into a rant!

Ordering

I have a problem with ordering in restaurants. When I’m out with my mum, I will immediately want her to order for me, no matter where we go. However, when I’m out with friends, I feel so confident and can just order anything that I want. It’s so weird!

Anyway, ordering annoys me for a few reasons.

First of all, if you’ve been sitting in a restaurant for ½ an hour with a menu in your hand, you should be ready to order by the time the waiter/tress comes over. It annoys me when people wait until the waiter/tress comes over, and then have no idea of anything in the menu. Especially if the place is busy. They have to serve more than just you, hurry up! (Is what I feel like shouting!)

Waiting

I like to think I have a lot of patience, but I have none when it comes to waiting for food!

I understand that it has to be cooked and made to look nice etc. but I would much rather my pizza have no parsley draped over it in an artistic way when it can be in my mouth 5 minutes faster!

As well as this, when you’ve ordered something standard, like a pizza or a burger, and every two seconds, the waiter/tress is carrying out the food that you ordered to everyone but you! It’s just a massive tease and so annoying!

Eating

No, it’s not the eating itself that I have a problem with.

I really like when I’m in a restaurant and the waiter/tress comes to my table once or twice to see if everything is going alright with my meal. Especially if the place is crowded, I think it’s really nice.

What’s annoying, however, is when they come to the table literally every 5 seconds! Like, what’s going to have changed between now and 2 minutes ago when you asked the same question?

This is worse if the place is crowded. If it’s empty, the waiter/tress coming over a lot kind of feels nice, a bit personal. But when it’s crowded, not only does it feel like they’re crowding you more, but it also feels like they’re obliged to check on you in case they lose their job, which they probably are, but it’s not nice to feel like an obligation.

Finishing the Meal

This is one of the worst things, mainly because it’s one extreme over the other!

When you’re out with a group, and everyone has finished their meals, all the plates are cleared and you’re waiting to get the bill or desert.

One of two things usually happen to me.

Either:

The waiter/tress will come to your table before you finish eating and silently wait, willing you to finish the last few bites, putting so much pressure on you that you decide to just not finish your meal.

Or the waiter/tress will ignore the fact that your group have finished and you have to wait for literally hours until your plates are taken away.

Desert

This isn’t really to do with the waiter/tress, but more to do with the group.

When the plates are taken away, it’s either the time to get the bill and leave, or it’s time for desert. This is where problems begin.

If you want desert but no one else does, you have two options. You can either leave and have your craving not fulfilled, which is extremely annoying. Or you can order desert even though no one else wants any and risk looking greedy in front of the waiter/tress, as well as keeping the group waiting when they all probably want to go home.

But in the same way, if you don’t want desert but someone else does it can also be a bit awkward. Either one person can order desert and you’ll feel awkward because you’ll be putting pressure on the person eating to finish quickly, or everyone else can order desert and you’ll either have to spend money on something that you don’t want, or be the only person not eating.

Paying

This is the final annoying thing. Paying for the meal. My friends and I have had major problems with this in the past, when we can’t work out who should pay for what or how much we should all pay, especially if some of us have change and others don’t.

But before this, comes getting the cheque. It can become really annoying when the waiter/tress is busy serving everyone else and you have to wait for SO long to get your cheque so you can pay for the meal.

Then you have to wait for them to count it up (if you pay with cash) and make sure that everything makes sense and you don’t owe anyone anything.

Just overall, the whole restaurant process is extremely stressful!

*This is just a few things that personally annoy me and isn’t meant to offend anyone

Thank you for reading

Comment below what annoys you about eating in restaurants!

Keep Smiling – Lou xx

Comments

  1. Loved this post :) I like your photo too x

    www.elegantanchors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a funny post, love it!! xx
    xolindseyland.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'