Significant Other | Film Review

I saw this film on Paramount+ and was instantly intrigued by both the premise and the actors involved, so it was definitely one I wanted to watch.

While on a backpacking trip through a forest, a couple (Maika Monroe and Jake Lacy) discover that they are not alone.

I didn't have especially high hopes for the film, but I didn't end up loving it.

The characters are likeable but you don't really get to know them. Because of this, I never cared about their domestic drama. I just wanted to get into the main point of the film.

And on that note, it took way too long to get into the story.

There were times within the first half of the film when I found myself getting bored waiting for something to happen. But in saying that, just as I was starting to get bored, the film finally started to get interesting.

But after discovering what is actually going on, it wasn't as exciting as I wanted it to be, or as I thought it could have been. It was an interesting twist, but not enough to make me more invested.

Overall the film was a bit bland, and I wondered what the point of it was. It's probably not one I'll watch again for a while.

3/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List