Your Place or Mine | Film Review

I love a good romcom, but honestly, the biggest draw to this film for me was all the drama about the actors' awkward premiere pictures. If that was a marketing ploy, it definitely worked.

Debbie (Reese Witherspoon) and Peter (Ashton Kutcher) are best friends who tell each other everything. When they swap houses for a week, they discover more about each other than they ever thought possible.

This was okay. I wasn't expecting much from it, but I still ended up being a bit disappointed.

The liked the premise, and once the film got going I enjoyed seeing these characters live each other's lives - though I think if this section of the film had been shorter, the film probably would have been a bit better.

The characters feel a bit bland. You don't really get to know them, especially the host of secondary characters that actually feel quite useless in the film as a whole.

The film isn't funny or romantic - is it really supposed to be a romantic comedy?

My main issue with the film is that it is boring. The film is essentially made up of two boring stories mashed together, and that doesn't really work for me.

The main couple are on screen together for a total of about 5 minutes - you can't build believable chemistry with that and it doesn't work. I can't actually tell whether the actors have chemistry or not because we never really see them together. But they aren't really believable as a couple.

The third act conflict comes from nothing, is stupid, and is solved in such a short amount of time that it really didn't need to be included at all.

Overall, I wouldn't really recommend this. There are much better romcoms out there worth watching.

3.5/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List