The Bubble | Film Review

 

I hadn't heard much about this film before seeing it, other than it being generally disliked, but while making my way through Pedro Pascal's filmography, I decided to see what it was about - despite the plethora of negative reviews.

The cast and crew of an action movie try to film a sequel while being quarantined in a hotel during the pandemic.

I feel like I'm one of the only people with this opinion, but I loved this film! It is definitely not perfect by any means, but based on the trailer, it was what I wanted it to be.

I found myself laughing out loud from the film's first moments, and while that didn't necessarily continue all the way through the film, I was definitely entertained throughout. It was much funnier than I thought it would be.

I have avoided watching movies set in and around the pandemic, but I loved the choice to make it funny. To kind of make fun of the things that we have had to do for the last couple of years. And while I understand that this won't be amusing for everyone, I understood where the filmmakers were going with it, and did find some of those moments funny.

The cast was the biggest draw for me, and they were great. The film stars Karen Gillan, Leslie Mann, David Duchovny, Pedro Pascal, Fred Armisen, Keegan-Michael Key, Iris Apatow and Kate McKinnon, as well as a whole host of other actors, and some cameos, and everyone in the film was great. They all really leaned into the silliness of what they were making and seemed not to take anything seriously, and that really worked with the tone of the film.

Because ultimately, this film is silly. There is not one second where I took it seriously or thought too deeply about what I was watching, and I think that really helped me to enjoy it.

Overall, I finished this film feeling happy, and that's really all I wanted from it. It is definitely not for everyone, but it was certainly for me. And even if I watch it again and it doesn't hold up at all, I had a really good time watching it.

7/10


 


Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'