June Favourites | 2019

Hey Guys x

Happy Favourites day!

Tell me your own favourites in the comments.

Favourite Movie (1): Murder Mystery
Image result for murder mystery

I've already done a review of this film, which you can read HERE! Now, this isn't a film that's going to change your life, and a lot of people don't like it for reasons that I totally and completely understand - after all, there's a lot wrong with it. But for me, these murder mystery 'whodunnit' movies are a genre that I love, and I can't imagine not liking a film that allows me to guess who the killer will be, then pulls the rug out from under my feet at the end.

Favourite Movie (2): Tropic Thunder
Image result for tropic thunder

I've had this on in the background a few times while doing other things, but this month was the first time that I actually sat down and watched it closely from beginning to end, and I just think that it's an amazing movie. A lot of the time, especially nowadays, comedies fall a bit flat because you can tell when a bunch of people in a writer's room picked out a sentence and went 'that'll be funny, let's push that'. So I will always revere films like this that are genuinely hilarious. Of course, the actors definitely had something to do with that, but it's the kind of film that would be funny even if you were just reading the screenplay. Definitely one to watch if you haven't yet!

Favourite TV Show (1): Marvel's Jessica Jones
Image result for marvels jessica jones

I already talked about this last month, so this is just a quick note to say that I've completely finished the series and it was everything I wanted, particularly seasons 1 and 3, which were amazing. I love Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones, and even if the show isn't coming back, I'd love to see her play Jessica again somewhere else in the Marvel universe.

Favourite TV Show (2): Superstore
Image result for superstore

This is one of the most underrated sitcoms on TV right now, and if you miss the likes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S, The Office, Parks and Rec etc., then you should definitely be watching Superstore. It's about a group of employees at a Superstore called 'Cloud 9' and the way that their personal lives mingle with their work-lives. Check out the pilot if you get the chance!

Favourite TV show (3): The Other Two
Image result for the other two

This is a show that I never expected to like. I saw it advertise a few times on E4 but thought nothing of it. Then one day I had some time to kill, and had no access to any of the other shows that I watch, so I went on All4 (the Channel 4 streaming service), saw this, and thought I might as well check out the pilot. From there, i fell in love with this show, and these characters, to the point where I finished all 10 episodes in under a week, and I never really binge watch. It's about a 13 year old boy called Chase who makes a viral music video and becomes famous. However, for his older siblings Brooke and Carey, who haven't quite figured their lives out yet, his fame couldn't have come at a worse time. Watch this show!

Favourite TV Show (4): Smallville
Image result for smallville

I've always been a fan of Smallville. It's the reason that Superman was the first superhero I ever loved, and why I've always had a soft spot for Clark Kent (whether played by Tom Welling or Henry Cavill). Recently a TV channel in the UK started playing the episodes all over again from the pilot. However, after Season 2, they stopped for some reason and went back to Season 1, so of course, I had to buy the entire box set. Which is annoying, but at the same time, I love knowing that I don't have to rely on a TV channel to watch, what is fast becoming, one of my favourite shows.

Favourite Song: In My Blood



I've never really been a fan of Shawn Mendes, mainly because I know nothing about him and don't have a particular interest in him. However, I am completely in love with this song. Not only do I love the way it sounds, but I think the lyrics are beautiful, and really powerful and interesting.

Favourite Game: Bitlife
Image result for bitlife

I. Am. Obsessed! This is a text-based life simulator, and I am completely addicted to it, especially because it doesn't take long to complete a life, and each life is so different from the next that it's really hard to get bored of it. The only annoying thing about the game is that the Android version is so far behind the IOS version, so I hope that changes soon!

Favourite Actor: Robert Downey Jr.
Image result for robert downey jr 2019

This isn't anything new, he's been one of my favourite actors for a really long time. But in the aftermath of Endgame, I've started going through his filmography, as I tend to do. I started in May and am still going because he's done so many movies! From the 80s onwards, he's been working consistently and so many of those movies were really good! There's so many that I want to talk about, but I'll save that for a 'Spotlight On' post. I'm not gonna spoil Endgame (although most people who wanted to see it have definitely seen it by now), but when it came to Captain America vs Iron Man, for the last few years I was team Cap with a huge love and respect for Iron Man, but when it comes to Infinity War and Endgame, I'm now team Iron man (with a huge love and respect for Cap), and that's largely down to RDJ and how much I love him as an actor, but also as a 'celebrity' or 'personality' or whatever you want to call him. Overall, I'm a huge fan.

Do we have any favourites in common?

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

If I Stay | Film Review