The Conjuring 2 | Film Review

Image result for The Conjuring 2 Poster

Hey Guys x

I went to see this 2 Friday's ago and it was in my June Favourites post, I promised to do a proper review, so here it is!

Now, as you may know, I love horror movies! So if you don't, let me warn you, you're definitely not going to want to watch this film! And if you're just getting into horror, this isn't the best film to start with!

Anyway, just like the first 'Conjuring' film, this is about Ed and Lorraine Warren, paranormal experts who are considering taking a bit of time off. However, they get called on another case, and are flying to London to help a single mother of 4 who is convinced that there's something wrong. And when her youngest daughter Janet starts to take on traits of the 72 year old man who died in the house years previous, is there anything that Ed and Lorraine can do to save this family? And does it have anything to do with the demonic nun that Lorraine has been dreaming about?

This is such a good film!

I really enjoyed the first Conjuring movie, so for me, this was highly anticipated, but I think they did a really good job with it. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than the first one.

A big thing for this movie is the jump scares - there are so many and I literally couldn't help jumping out of my skin every time something happened, and there were definitely things that I didn't expect!

There was also a twist, which I wasn't expecting, but I did like. It kind of entwined their two stories, which was nice. But I can't say more than that because I know I'll accidentally give a spoiler (if I haven't already!).

The characters of Ed and Lorraine Warren, played by Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga, were great! They've been developed greatly from the first movie and you really feel like you know them this time around. They're both a lot more vulnerable characters, and I really liked that.

I also really liked the family, all of the younger actors were really great, especially the girl who plays Janet, and I really hope that I can see them all in more movies in the future!

The scariest thing about the Conjuring movies is that they're real. This story is something that really happened, just google 'Enfield hauntings' and see what comes up. Of course, some of it is dramatized, but it really happened, it's not completely made up. Ed and Lorraine Warren are real people who really went to Enfield and really did most of the things in the movie. If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what will!

So, overall, as a horror fan, I loved this film, and I can't wait to see it again!

Thank you for reading

Comment below whether or not you watch horror movies!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Awesome movie review Lou! I think I have to watch this movie now. :P
    Lauren xx
    laurelella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Anyone But You | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review